The Audio toolbar browser provides another way to explore audio files you use when patching in MSP in a quick and efficient manner. You can search for files, audition them, and patch directly from the browser.
Displaying/Hiding the Audio toolbar browser
- Click on the Audio button in the left patcher window toolbar to display the Audio toolbar browser.
Clicking on the Audio button when the toolbar browser is displayed will close the browser window
Exploring files using the Audio toolbar browser
- Type a word into the Audio toolbar browser search bar, and the browser will display audio files whose titles are filtered according to your search terms.
- The files shown in the Audio toolbar browser are sorted by length. Click and drage the rangeslider object in the browser to select and sort audio files by length.
- Each audio file has its own playback control. Click on the play button to audition your files.
Patching from the Audio toolbar browser
- Click on a file in the Audio toolbar browser to select it and drag the selected object into the unlocked patcher window. A copy of the Max playlist~ object with the audio file you have selected already loaded will appear in the patcher window.
Note: You can also hold down the option key and click and drag files into a locked patcher window.