Keyboard Patching Enhancements
Max includes a number of keyboard commands created to make patching fast and efficient. These features are enabled by default using the Preferences Window. When enabled the following keyboard shortcuts are available:settings in the
- With an object selected, press shift-N to create a new object, already connected to the first object. You can also push shift-B, shift-T and so on to create a button, toggle, etc. Just remember "press shift to connect".
- While typing in an object, press shift-enter to "finalize" the object, and to shift keyboard focus to a new object already connected to the first.
- With a patchcord selected, push shift-N to move keyboard focus to a new object inserted along that patchcord (you can also push shift-B, shift-T and so on)
- With an object selected, you can press alt-up to select a patchcord leading into the object. Pressing alt-down moves the selection to patchcords coming from the object. Then, alt-left and alt-right rotate your selection through patchcords.
- Alt-shift-drag an object to create a new object already connected to the first.