The Top Patcher Window Toolbar
The top patcher window toolbar located at the top of the patcher window provides a set of buttons and palettes you can use when patching. You can quickly and efficiently choose objects to add to your patcher, and create and apply styles and create templates to assist you in creating a consistent look to your patching.
The Zoom menu lets you enlarge or reduce the portion of your patcher window being displayed as you navigate the patcher window.
Clicking on the Object button will automatically create a Max object box in the patcher window with the cursor set to allow typing text into the object box.
Clicking on the Message button will automatically create a Max message box in the patcher window with the cursor set to allow typing text into the object box.
Clicking on the Comment button will automatically create a Max comment box in the patcher window with the cursor set to allow typing text into the object box.
Clicking on the Toggle button will automatically create a Max toggle in the patcher window.
Clicking on the remaining buttons on the top patcher toolbar will open object palettes that will let you select Max objects from collections of objects grouped by common functions and purposes.
- The Buttons palette lets you select from Max user interface objects you interact with using mouse clicks.
- The Numbers palette lets you select from Max user interface objects you display and send number values.
- The Sliders palette lets you select from Max user interface objects you interact with by clicking and dragging.
- The Max for Live palette lets you select from Max user interface objects used with Max for Live (you can use them in regular Max patches too, of course).
- The Add Object palette groups all Max object together and lets you choose user interface objects in terms of their purpose.
- The Format palette is used to format Max user interface objects. You can use the format palette to set attributes associated with a Max object, and to create and apply styles to your Max patching.
Displaying a top patcher toolbar palette
- Click on a button to show an object palette. The palette consistes of a number of icons which represeent Max objects.
- To get information about any icon, mouse over it. The name of the Max object will be shown in the palette's info area.
Patching from the top toolbar palettes
- Click on an object icon in any object palette. A copy of the selected object will appear in the patcher window, selected and ready to move.
Patching from the Add Object palette
- When you click on the button for the Add Object palette, a palette will appear that contains a listing of Max user interface object collections grouped by function (Basic, Audio, Data, Images, Interface, and Jitter, .
- Clicking on one of the headers will highlight it, and display icons for that collection of Max objects. When you click on an icon, the palette will disappear and the Max object you selected will be added to the patcher window.
Hiding (Unpinning) the Top Patcher Window Toolbar
- Click the Unpin toolbar triangle (located at the bottom border of the top patcher toolbar at the halfway point of the patcher window to hide the toolbar.
Displaying (Pinning) the Top Patcher Window Toolbar
- When the right toolbar is unpinned, position your cursor along the top edge of the patcher window, and the top patcher window toolbar will be displayed.
- Click the Pin toolbar triangle (located at the bottom border of the top patcher toolbar at the halfway point of the patcher window) to display the toolbar.
Setting the Zoom From the Top Patcher Window Toolbar
- To set the zoom for a patcher window, click on the Zoom menu and choose one of the menu settings. When you click on a selection, your patcher window will be set to that zoom value.