Max lets you create and work with collections - a kind of virtual file folder where you can store groups of patchers, media, saved searches, and any other kind of Max resources you would like to group together for convenience. You can create a collection and add files to it using the file browser.
Creating a collection
- Click on the plus icon at the bottom left of the file browser to display the pop-up menu and click on New Collection.
- A blank edit area will appear at the top of the window. Type in the name you want to use for the new collection.
- Typing a return will create the collection and add its name to the file browser sidebar. You will also see the name of the new collection displayed in the Collections toolbar browser.
Adding files to a collection
- Using the file browser, locate the files you want to add to your collection. Click on the file(s) you wish to add and drag them over the name of the collection in the file browser sidebar.
- When you release the mouse button, the files will be copied and you'll be notified that the files have been added.
Removing files from a collection
- Click on the name of the collection you want to remove files from in the file browser sidebar to display the files in the collection.
- Click to select and highlight the file(s) you want to remove.
- Hit the delete key to remove the selected files.
Renaming a collection
- Click on the name of the collection you want to rename in the file browser sidebar to select it and display the files in the collection.
- In the file browser display area, click on the name of the collection you've selected, or click on the rename button to the left of the name field. A cursor will appear and you can type in a new name for your collection.
- When you type a return, the collection will be renamed and the new name will appear in the Collections tab in the file browser toolbar.
Removing a collection
- Click on the name of the collection you want to remove in the file browser sidebar to select it and display the files in the collection.
- Click on the Delete button to the right of the name field to remove the collection from the collection list.