The Images Toolbar Browser
The Images toolbar browser provides another way to explore image files you use when patching in a quick and efficient manner. You can search for files and patch directly from the browser.
Displaying/Hiding the Images toolbar browser
- Click on the Images button in the left patcher window toolbar to display the Images toolbar browser.
Clicking on the Images button when the toolbar browser is displayed will close the browser window
Exploring files using the Images toolbar browser
- You can use the View by Preview and View by Name buttons in the Images toolbar browser to select how movie files are displayed. The Max application will remember your preference and display it when you close and re-open the Images toolbar browser.
- Type a word into the Images toolbar browser search bar, and the browser will display audio files whose titles are filtered according to your search terms.
- When you click on a preview or title in the Images toolbar browser, it will be selected and the images's title and pathname will be shown in the browser's display area.
Patching from the Images toolbar browser
- Click on a filename or a preview box in the Images toolbar browser to select it and drag the selected object into the unlocked patcher window. A copy of the Max fpic object with the file you have selected already loaded will appear in the patcher window.
Note: You can also hold down the option key and click and drag files into a locked patcher window.