The Plug-ins toolbar browser provides another way to explore image files you use when patching in a quick and efficient manner. You can search for files and patch directly from the browser.
Displaying/Hiding the Plug-ins toolbar browser
- Click on the Plug-ins button in the left patcher window toolbar to display the Plug-ins toolbar browser.
Clicking on the Plug-ins button when the toolbar browser is displayed will close the browser window
Exploring files using the Plug-ins toolbar browser
- Type a word into the Plug-ins toolbar browser search bar, and the browser will display Audio Unit plug-ins, VST plug-ins, VST3 plug-ins or Max for Live devices whose titles are filtered according to your search terms.
- Click on one of the selections on the left-hand side of the toolbar browser to display a narrower list of plug-ins (i.e. clicking on Max for Live will display only Max for Live devices). Clicking on All will display all types of plug-ins in alphabetical order.
- Click on the name of a plug-in to select it and display the file type in the Plug-ins toolbar browser's display area.
Patching from the Plug-ins toolbar browser
- Click on the name of a device in the Plug-ins toolbar browser to select it and drag the selected object into the unlocked patcher window.
If the selected plug-in is a VST, VST3 or Audio Units plug-in, an MSP vst~ object with the plug-in already loaded will appear in the patcher window
If the selected plug-in is a Max for Live device, an MSP amxd~ object with the device already loaded will appear in the patcher window
Note: You can also hold down the option key and click and drag files into a locked patcher window.