Earlier versions of Max let you add hints to an area of a patch using the hint object; the hint object would display helpful information when the move was positioned over an area in a patch. Max lets you add hints to individuals Max objects using the Inspector.
Adding an hint to a Max object
- Select and object and open the object's Inspector.
- Double-click in the Value column for the Hint attribute. A text box will appear for entering some text.
- Enter the text for your hint and press the return key.
- Click on the Lock icon in the patcher window toolbar to lock your patch.
- When you position the cursor over the object to which you've added a hint, your text will be shown near the object in a tooltip.
Removing a hint from a Max object
- Select an object and open its Inspector.
- Double-click in the Value column for the Hint attribute. Remove the text. After you do so, a hint will no longer appear for the selected object.