The Preferences Toolbar
The Modify Selected Item button in the Inspector toolbar displays a pop-up menu of commands for modifying a selected attribute's preference.
Working with Attribute Default Values
You can use the Modify Selected Item pull-down menu to perform several useful tasks when you are editing attributes. You can revert to previously set or to default values, set an attribute value to match a color scheme you've created, or revert to the original value of an attribute whose value you have frozen.
- Choosing Copy Attribute from the Modify Selected Item pull-down menu will copy the current value of the selected attribute. You can paste this value to other objects in your patch using their Inspectors.
- Choosing Revert Value from the Modify Selected Item pull-down menu will return the selected attribute to its previous value.
- Choosing Set to Default Value from the Modify Selected Item pull-down menu will set the selected attribute to its default value.
- Choosing Set to Named Default Value from the Modify Selected Item pull-down menu will return the selected attribute to the default setting for the object's currently loaded style.
- Choosing Set to Frozen Value from the Modify Selected Item pull-down menu to return a selected attribute to the setting you used when you originally froze the attribute. This menu item will only be enabled if the attribute has a frozen value and the current value deviates from that frozen value.
Changing Attribute Default Values
- Click in any column for an attribute in the Inspector to select it.
- Click on the Modify Selected Item in the Preferences toolbar and select an option from the pull-down menu. When you release the mouse button, the selected option will be applied to your object.
Viewing The Preferences
- Click on the Show Preferences Folder Item in the Preferences toolbar to open the view your preferences on your system.