The Sidebar is a helpful 'drawer' that contains combines the functionality of several different Windows in earlier versions of Max. You can display or hide the Sidebar at will, and choose what you'd like to see when you display the Sidebar.
Showing the sidebar
- Click on one of the Sidebar buttons in the Patcher window toolbar to show or hide the Sidebar.
The Sidebar has a set of buttons that let you display different Max panels you will find useful as you patch. The Max application keeps track of the most recently displayed tab. That same tab will be shown the next time you display the Sidebar.
- The Search button displays a Search sidebar panel for unified searching of objects, documentation and online recources.
- The Inspector button displays the Inspector for any currently selected object, along with its toolbar in the Sidebar.
- The Reference button displays a searchable reference panel and a toolbar similar to the Documentation window toolbar you can use to explore the messages and attributes of any currently selected object, along with a listing of other related Max objects. in the Sidebar.
- The Max Console button displays the Max Console along with its toolbar in the Sidebar.
- The Max Lessons button (if shown) displays a selection of interactive lessons that will help you learn to use Max.
- The Show Snapshots button displays a panel for defining and managing Snapshots.
- The Show Mappings button displays a panel for managing MIDI and key Mappings.
|Toolbar / UI Guides||Toolbar / UI Guides|
|The Max Environment||The Max Environment|