- The first step to make a patch is creating a making patchers is making a patcher window.
- Next, you'll place objects in a patch using the object palette, and connect objects together using patch cords.
- As you edit a patch, you'll move around a patcher window and zoom in and out.
Presentation mode is a great way to create a refined user interface for your patch.
- As you refine your patcher, you'll be aligning objects, aligning patch cords, and using the edit grid.
- To modify the z-ordering of objects in a patcher, you can use the background layer, or the commands to change relative object ordering.
- To clean up complex patchers, subpatchers are very useful.
- Finally, to customize more advanced settings of a patcher, you can use the patcher inspector window.