Projects collect and organize the disparate elements relevant to your Max work including patchers, media, and code into a centrally-managed location, with per-project control over search path and Max settings.
Projects offer essentially three new features to improve your Max workflow:
- A simple interface with which you can easily view and manage patchers, media files, code and other assets in use by your main patcher(s).
- An extension to the central Max search path
- ensures that Project-specific elements local to a Project are preferentially loaded (before files outside of the Project are searched).
- isolates Project-specific assets from other patchers and Projects.
- allows the user to easily switch between global and project-local assets
- potentially reduces the number of paths in Max's global search path, improving overall patcher loading and editing speed
- 'Open Actions', with which Max configuration options can be changed when loading a Project.
Creating a Project
Anatomy of the Project Window
Adding and Removing Files to/from Projects
Editing Files in Projects
The Manage Project Menu
Project Search Paths
Project Search Path Example
Project Open Actions
Max for Live Device Projects
|Technical Notes||Technical Notes|
|Working With Projects||Working With Projects|